1. What type of internet connection do I need?
It is preferable to have a hard-wired internet connection rather than wi-fi. A minimum upload/download speed of 10Mbps is required.
2. I’ve never used the Brightspace LMS, how will I know how to use it?
All students will receive an information package prior to the start of school with detailed instructions for the log-in process and use of the platform.
3. What if I’m sick, and unable to attend classes?
All classes will be recorded and posted within the Brightspace platform at end of day. This will allow you to review the lesson and catch up on assignments and homework missed.
4. How will I take my exams online?
Domestic students may choose to come to the Academy and complete the exam in the presence of a proctor appointed by the Academy. For students choosing to do the exam at home (Domestic & International), Niagara Academy has a 3rd party automated proctor service available through our Brightspace LMS. There is a small fee for using this service which is payable by the student.
5. Will I need to purchase books for my classes?
No, all learning materials will be online.
6. I’m having technical issues with my platform, what should I do?
Send an email to you teacher explaining your problem and your teacher will contact our technical department to assist you.